If you haven't yet, first read the Mench Payouts article to have a better understanding of how much we charge and our payout workflow for instructors.
Watch the following video to understand how our revenue share model works:
Here is how we split our revenue among instructors, affiliates, and the Mench platform:
70% for instructors: instructors get paid 70% of all the sales generated by their bootcamp.
20% for affiliates: affiliates get paid 20% of all the sales generated via their affiliate links. All instructor scan act as affiliates of other bootcamps by linking to them from their own bootcamp or from an affiliate link pointing back to Mench from an external website.
NOTE: Affiliate commissions will be awarded as long as the sale happens within 30 days from the time the buyer clicked on the affiliate link. After 30 days the affiliate commission will be awarded to the platform.
10% for the platform: the Mench platform retains 10% of all sales. This 10% includes all credit card processing and money transaction fees.
90% for instructors is sale is generated by the instructor: sales generated by via an instructor coupon link will count as an affiliate sale and the instructor will be paid out the 70% instructor share + 20% affiliate share totaling 90% of the total amount of those sales.
30% for the platform if the sale is generated by Mench: any sales generated organically via Mench marketing efforts will be awarded the 20% affiliate commission on top of the nominal 10% platform share. This also includes any sales generated 30 days after an 3rd party or instructor's affiliate link was clicked by a buyer.
What does Dynamic and Universal mean?
Here is what the concept of dynamic universal revenue share means:
Dynamic: it means that our revenue share percentages are subject to changing anytime based on market factors and any internal/external variables that affect our ability to provide the best experience to our instructors, students, and affiliates. We will always aim to find a balance that works best for all stakeholders.
Universal: it means that ALL instructors and affiliates will be subject to the same revenue share. In other words, we will not give special deals or make exceptions that change our universal revenue percentages. Our goal is to avoid any potential issues arising from having to manage multiple stakeholders with multiple revenue share agreements.
So, what are your thoughts? Like anything else, our commission rate needs to be balanced over time between Mench's resource requirements and what our lead instructors demand from us. Excited to hear your thoughts or questions in the comment section below.
Also feel free to chat with us live using the yellow button on the bottom-right of the screen for instant answers to any of your questions.